Home Time for Tea Lavender Luxe | Maui Earl Grey Inspiration
June 22, 2017
Lavender Luxe | Maui Earl Grey Inspiration
We were honored to be a part of the 10th Anniversary Lʻulu Benefit Gala to support Leeward Community College’s Culinary Arts Program. What made this year’s event special, besides our hit drink (LOL!), was ten alumni chefs from renown kitchens like Alan Wong’s Restaurant, Four Seasons Ko Olina and Ritz Carlton Waikiki return to campus to prepare exclusive dishes for the evening.
Maui Mist Iced Latte with Lemongrass Creme
We made a refreshing iced tea latte featuring Maui Earl Grey. Here’s how we did it.
- Maui Earl Grey Loose Tea
- Whole Milk
- Pure Cane Sugar
- Heavy cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Heat water to 195° (F). Steep 5 g Maui Earl Grey to 8 oz hot water for 5 minutes. Strain and let cool.
- For simple syrup, boil equal parts of water and pure cane sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved and the liquid is clear. Let cool.
- Smash lemongrass and simmer in whole milk. Do not burn milk but simmer long enough so milk is infused with lemongrass flavor. Let cool then chill.
- Combine 12 oz cold heavy cream to 4 oz cold lemongrass milk. Mix in 3 tablespoons powdered sugar. Add to whipped cream dispenser to apply.
- Mix 8 oz brewed Maui Earl Grey, 2 oz milk and 1 oz simple syrup. Serve in a tall glass over ice. Top with lemongrass whipped cream. Add mint garnish and serve.
Photo Credit: blog.emauirealestate.com
Leave a comment
Also in Time for Tea
Green Tea vs Black Tea, Black Tea or Green Tea. Which is Better?
January 19, 2023
Tea for Sleep
September 29, 2022
September 13, 2022
What is moringa tea good for? Find out what makes our moringa so special.