Japanese Sencha Green Tea
Classic sencha green tea is the daily drink of Japan. This palate-cleansing premium selection has herbaceous green notes and a lively astringency. Pairs excellently with Japanese food.
Sencha is notable for its role in scientific research into the health benefits of tea. Japanese scientists observed lower rates of stomach and esophageal cancers in Shizuoka, compared to other parts of the country. Was it diet, environment or lifestyle? Researchers discovered that consumption of green tea was higher in this region, the source of most of Japan's tea. This sparked some of the earliest research into tea's beneficial compounds.
- Moderate caffeine
- Palate-cleansing astringency
- Taste: bittersweet with mild astringency
- Bouquet: grassy
- Body: medium
- Liquor: yellow green
- Steep: 3 minutes; subsequent infusions 15-30 seconds
- Leaf Amount: 3 grams per cup
- Water Temp: First infusion at 165° F (74° C); subsequent infusions at 185° F (85° C)
Ingredients: premium green tea
Please select all options.