This exotic treasure was commissioned by the Imperial Court during the Sung dynasty and reserved for special occasions and honored guests. Delicate, hand-picked green tea shoots are meticulously rolled into pearls and married with the heavenly scent of jasmine. The tea leaves and jasmine blossoms never touch. They are arranged in alternating layers in a hermetically sealed box. The box is sealed allowing the jasmine blossoms give off their alluring scent for the young tea leaves to absorb. This process is repeated over 7 days.
- Great loose tea to travel with or take to the office because no strainer or infuser is required. Simply drops some Pearls in hot water and let the deliciousness begin.
- Low in caffeine
- High in antioxidants
- Soothing, light and airy
- Pairs well with foods and dessert
Ingredients: premium hand picked green tea scented with jasmine
- Taste: slightly sweet
- Bouquet: floral
- Body: light
- Liquor: light golden brown
- Steep: 4-5 minutes until pearls unfurl; add more hot water for subsequent infusions
- Leaf Amount: 3-5 pearls per cup
- Water Temp: 195 degrees F (85 C)